i'm not fond of this question. cuz sometimes it means "What are you up to nowadays, my old friend?" but other times it means "What are you doing with your life that's worthwhile?" or "hurry up and ask me what i'm doing, cuz i'm sure my answer is better than yours, and i didn't even need a fancy degree, mr. college boy."
back when i was a student, i could say "I'm a student." for those of you still in school, savor the ability to use this free-pass answer.
cuz lemme tell you from experience, "I'm working part-time at the mall" is much less impressive... even when paired with my trump card, "I'm working on the script for a webcomic about a troll who lives under the golden gate bridge."
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Albert Einstein, who was admired as almost superhuman and whose fate it was to become one of the most famous people on the planet, never identified with the image the collective mind had created for him. He remained humble, egoless. In fact, he spoke of 'a grotesque contradiction between what people consider to be my achievements and abilities and the reality of who I am and what I am capable of.'" - "A New Earth" Eckhart Tolle
What you do is NEVER what you are.
I feel you Owen! I feel you on the writing/paying job thing. I hate that question.
"Uh, I'm currently looking for a job. BUT I am also trying to be a published author."
I want to read your webcomic when it launches! =D
- Diana, fellow writer & scattergories teammate.
Post a Comment