THE RULES: If someone says "Zombie Drill," you must immediately think of a plan to defend against a small zombie attack at your current location, be it your living room, your place of work, at line in Starbucks, etc. What nearby objects would you use as weapons? Fortifications? Escape routes? Escape destinations?
Think of it as an exercise in anti-zombie startegy. A pop quiz, if you will. This is only a test.
Here are my current drill ideas for my own place of work, good ol' Williams-Sonoma Hillsdale.
-I'd take the crowbar from the stock room (an ideal blunt weapon), as well as the cut-proof mesh knife-guard gloves from the cook's tools section (if a shun chef's knife can't cut through them, neither can zombie teeth). I'd probly also take a knife as a back-up weapon. The cleavers may be too small and lightweight to penetrate skull, so i'd probably take a non-serrated blade slim enough go through the eye socket and into the brain, like a boning or fillet knife such as the Shun Kaji 6" Boning Knife. Just in case, i'd maybe take supplies from the first-aid kit in the bathroom.
-The store has glass doors, so i'd fall back to the stock room and barricade the door with sales floor furniture, preferablly the marble table tops.
-Exit through stock room to the lower level loading dock or the upper level parking structure, and either drive or make my way to the nearby Caltrain station.
Now your turn! Yes, you, reading this right now! ZOMBIE DRILL! GO!
(Hint: No battle axes/katanas in your immediate vicinity? Improv a weapon with something heavy and solid in the meantime. Almost everywhere you go will have a fire extinguisher somewhere...)
Thursday, March 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
HAHAH little does the zombie know that I've been spying at the rusted pickaxe outside next to the (not working) electronic road sign just for this moment. BUT if I was at my desk I would have to use the collapsible easel right next to me, wrapped around with masking tape about 6 times for reinforcement. We also have...um (runs to supply closet) rubber mallets and extension cords...? I guess I could make a sort of a mace with that.
You've made me realize that I'm horribly under equipped. That's going to have to change.
Post a Comment