(because i don't wanna flood people's twitter with this)
Having woken up at 1pm and achieving next to nothing for the whole day, I decided to try my luck with a second starbucks session, this time during late night hours when it's hopefully less crowded.
(times are approximate)
1:ooam - I arrive at the 24 hour Starbucks in San Bruno. No free tables. SO FAR SO GOOD!
1:01am - old acquaintance stops to talk to me. He updates me on progress of his book(s), pick-up artistry, and almost getting casted in New Moon. I mumble something about a troll and Williams-Sonoma.
1:04am - A table by an outlet frees up. Score one for the good guys!
1:07am - Michelle arrives. She works on her illustration homework, I work on the webcomic script.
1:30am - Frustration prompts a few angry paragraphs of a new, directionless story. I switch between this and the webcomic.
3:00am - Michelle leaves. she has actual things to do tomorrow. I've finished a few pages of the script.
3:30am - Frustration and restlessness hit. I may be hitting a wall with this plot. I start other word documents, just to keep my mind active and interested.
4:00am - Caffiene rush kicks in. Out of nowhere, I hit Phase 8. Also known as "The Zone," also known as "going Super Saiyin." Only, without an assignment, I skyrocket off into nonsense. And so was born half a page (single spaced) of Hypothetical Heroes: The Allure of the Zombie Apocalypse Fantasy. Yeah. an essay for no reason.
4:30am - Frustration with writing leads to frustration with life in general, which leads to writing about said frustration. I find the rant honest and cathartic, but possibly too depressing and emo for the blogspot servers to handle.
5:00am - Not sleepy, but majorly losing steam. bouncing between projects.
5:30am - FML
5:45am - Also beginning work on A.Z.D.T.
6:00am - Sunlight now. I guess I should leave. I go over to Lucky's, to cash in the change from my coin bank into the coinstar machine. Comes out to an unimpressive $9. I use a dollar to buy antioxidant diet cherry 7up.
6:15am - i don't feel like going home. hungry, so i check if popeyes is open. it's not. i go to jack in the box, and try the chicken biscuit. it's better than the one at mcdonald's. i eat in my car.
6:30am - nothing left to do but go home.
7:00am- decide against twittering the story. i'll blog it instead.
There it is. somewhat anticlimactic and angsty, but it is what it is. I think i'll try and stay up til bedtime tonight. Morning, everybody.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment