Tuesday, July 15, 2008

(Nerdy) Reader Poll: JLA vs. The Illuminati

A secret society of the most powerful influences in the world of Marvel against the greatest heroes the DC universe has seen.
(for the sake of making it 6 on 6, i've chosen only 6 core members of the JLA.)

we begin the hypothetical debate in the traditional nerd fashion as we say:

WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT?

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (choose one), Flash, and the Martian Manhunter
OR
Namor, Black Bolt, Dr. Strange, Iron Man, Reed "Mr. Fantastic" Richards, and Charles Xavier

I wasn't sure who to include as the JLA "core." That being said, you may replace the Martian Manhunter with Aquaman.

Your thoughts.

2 comments:

Owen said...

what an interesting question, owen.

it's CLOSE, and as much as i would LIKE to say the illuminati would win, i'd ultimately choose the JLA, ONLY because i have unwavering faith in Batman. he always finds a way.

Anonymous said...

I concur, what an interesting question.

The Illuminati has some brains, but JLA has the Batman, and the Martian Manhunter. I think I, too, would tend to lean towards the sheer power the Illuminati has, but the JLA always has that team spunk that decides fights in the end. If Superman instigated this fight, I think Batman and the Martian Manhunter would be able to cause some time-delayed drama in the homes of Xavier and Reed, just so they fuck up in game time, cuz the Illuminati is so emotional. The rest of the match ups are irrelevant because Batman would've already set Xavier against himself, forcing him to fight in his lame-ass astral form, then making aliens fight his fights.

Batman does find a way.