Saying "I don't know what I want to do with my life" at this age is about as bold a statement as "I have two eyes" or "I eat food when I am hungry" or "I find Carlos Mencia's humor forced and unimpressive."
Blizzard Entertainment has a position open for a writer for Starcraft II. Yeah, it's a POSITION. of WRITER. that you can APPLY for. this NEVER happens.
it'd be pretty exciting if i had the experience, writing samples, and history of published work required for application.
Currently I'm looking at internships with gaming magazines, cuz it involves writing, it appears somewhat steady, and at least the subject would be something i enjoy. and apparently there are a few in the area, like Gamepro, IGN (Gamespy.com), and Nintendo Power (although i would then have to pretend to be a fan of the Wii... that's a story for another post). There's also an internship with Viz Media, distributers of my beloved Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.
The kick in the balls in this particular instance is that each and every one of these internships require you to be currently enrolled in college.
why oh why was i not looking for a job sooner.
I really don't fucking know what i'm doing. or where this post is going for that matter. i called it "settling" and i don't even remember why.
Some days i really fucking hate my degree. forecast shows a lot of those days in the coming months.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment